The shuttle driver is an ambassador of our business. The primary role of the driver will be to shuttle customers to and from our business to their work or homes. The office will typically let the driver know who needs a ride and where to go. Often while being driven to their destination, the customer will let the driver know when they will need to be picked up and from where. The driver is to let the office know that information.
Secondary functions include but are not limited to:
Parking Lot Attendant
When the driver comes into work in the morning, they will:
- Check for any finished vehicles parked at the front (King St) or the first row at the side of the building (Albert St). Move those vehicles into the back lot to make room for that day’s customers dropping off.
- Organize the cars parked to optimize the number of parking spaces available
- Vehicles left by customers, not in a parking spot or blocked in by other vehicles will be parked
- Back all vehicles into their parking spot
- When the opportunity is available while a customer is paying for their vehicle, the driver can bring their vehicle to the front door for them
- After 1:00 pm, if there are spots at the side of the building open (front row/5 spots), the driver can fill them with vehicles that are completed
Shuttle Bus & Courtesy Cars
- Perform a walk-around spot check on all Eccles vehicles every day (if they are here)
- Check the fuel level, oil level and washer fluid at least once a week
- Fill with fuel when required
- Let the office staff know when the vehicles are due for service (oil change sticker)
- Let the office staff know if there are any issues, lights on, noises, etc. with the vehicles
- Wash the vehicles when they are dirty
- Check the interiors and make sure they are clean
- No smoking in any vehicles
Covid Protocol & Cleaning Vehicles
- Check the “To be Cleaned” board for keys of vehicles dropped off. The board is located in the office beside the door going to the bay area.
- Using approved disinfectant, spray down common touch areas. Allow the spray to sit; no wiping is required. The areas include but are not limited to:
- Drivers’ outer door handle, inside door hand and interior door panel
- Steering wheel and turn signal switches
- Radio, gear selector and centre console area
- Ignition switch and surrounding area
- Glove box
- Once the vehicle is sprayed down, hang the keys in the office on the “IN” board. This board is the same as listed above.
- Check the vehicle completed board for keys of the vehicle the technicians are finished working on
- Spray down and wipe the same common area listed above using the approved disinfectant. Also include all outer door handles and trunk handles if applicable.
- Once the vehicle has been wiped down, hang the keys on the Completed board in the office. This board is in the office by the thermostat.
Garbage & Recycling
The driver will assist the staff with garbages and recycling. This includes:
- Empty the office trash bins
- Help keep the recycling (cardboard) organized during the week
- Help take the trash and recycling bins to the curb every Monday & Friday at 121 King St. and every Monday on 123 Hatt St.
- Bring the bins back into the building the following day
Tires and parts
Often there is a need to bring tires and parts from one building to another. The driver will be given instructions from the office staff or technician about what they need and where it needs to go. The shuttle bus and/or courtesy vehicle can be used in these situations.
During tire season (April-May & Oct-Dec), the driver may be asked to help pick up and deliver customer seasonal tires to and from our storage facility at 16 Foundry St.
The driver will also be asked to check on stock orders. This includes:
- Verifying that the parts on the list (stock order) match what was delivered. Both in quantity and part number. Any discrepancies will be reported to the office staff
- Once verified, the driver will put the parts in their appropriate place with the shops
When a personal vehicle is brought into Eccles Auto Service for service, the following applies:
- All parts and labour will be discounted 10% from list
- Alignments will be billed out at collision shop rates
- All simple inspections (a/c, brakes, noises, etc…) can be waived at the discretion of the service advisor
- No markup will be applied to sublet jobs (Vision tech repairs, Krown, Windshields, etc…)
- No discount of difficult diagnostics (electrical, noises, check engine light, etc.…)
The following holidays the shop will be closed and the driver will be entitled to holiday pay
- New Year’s Day
- Family Day
- Good Friday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Labour Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
The following days the shop will be closed without pay
- Civic Holiday
- December 27th – 31st
After 12 months, an employee is entitled to 2 weeks’ vacation. After 5 years, the employee is entitled to 3
weeks’ vacation. All vacation time must be requested in writing and approved before getting the time
In the case that we have two or more people working as the driver, they can sort out time off amongst
themselves as long as someone is at work. While these sorts of arrangements do not need to be
approved, they do need to be communicated to either Scott Eccles, Jim Lawton or Anne Durand.
All new staff will have a 90-day probationary period. During this time, the new staff member will have
sufficient time to be trained, and learn what is required to perform their duties. Within 90 days, if the
a new staff member is unable to perform the duties required of them to our standard or has proven
themselves unreliable or violated any of our harassment policies, then they will be terminated without
After the 90 days have passed, the new staff member will become an employee of Eccles Auto Service.
Submit your resume today to Eccles Auto Service! Come join a hardworking, high-performing successful business. As mentioned above, we invest in our talent and are looking to build our team for the years to come.