Program Key Fobs: Save On Extra Keys And Replacements
Whether you’ve lost your current fob or added a third driver to the family vehicle, you need to purchase and program key fobs for your vehicle, and Eccles Auto is here to help.
Modern key fobs are designed for driver convenience, so we believe programming new fobs and finding replacements should be easy and affordable, too, no matter what you drive.
Read on to learn how visiting our shop can simplify the process and save you money, or call (905) 627-3355 to speak directly with a technician near you in Dundas, ON.
Where To Program Key Fobs Near Me: Save With Eccles Auto Service
“The cost to replace the latest key fobs can run anywhere from $50 to as high as $400 depending on the brand,” says Consumer Reports automotive analyst Mel Yu (Monticello, 2019).
And that’s just for the fob! In many cases, you can expect to add an additional $50 to $100 to get your replacement fobs programmed to work with your vehicle.
To keep key fob programming and replacement costs down, Consumer Reports recommends:
- Checking your warranty, insurance, or roadside assistance coverage, as many providers now cover lost or damaged keys. Some extended warranties may also provide key fob insurance or partial reimbursements.
- Consult with your auto shop before ordering fobs online. Many dealers and auto experts won’t work with aftermarket products, especially for European vehicles. And if they do, they might not warranty them. To avoid any frustration, take a few minutes to consult with our team—it’s 100% free and it could save you a bundle.
- Check your owner’s manual, as some manufacturers make key fob reprogramming very easy. Chevrolet, for example, describes the programming procedure in the vehicle owner’s manual. That said, you will need two working fobs to do this.
- Always make sure you have two key fobs, as many programming procedures require two on-hand in order to add a third. If you ever find yourself down one key, call our team for a replacement ASAP!
If you want to save even more on your new key fob, the team at Eccles Auto Service can help. When you visit our shop, you get:
- One-stop savings and convenience. Our team works with all types of vehicle and key fobs, including ignition-plus-remote keys, key fobs with remotes to lock/unlock doors, and key fobs with push-button starts and keyless entry. Additionally, we offer a wide range of auto services, tires, and auto parts and accessories. If you have additional auto care duties on your to-do list, we can save you some time, and you may even be able to bundle costs together.
- Quality service for less than the dealership. “Always call your local mechanic before going straight to the new-car dealer,” writes Consumer Reports (Monticello, 2018). “You might be able to save some serious money.” For a free quote, call our team in Dundas, ON.
- Genuine key fob programming parts, so you never have to worry about lost warranty coverage or key fob incompatibilities.
- Access to exclusive shop promotions, which you can always find on our Promotions page.
Get A Free Quote On Key Fob Programming And Replacements In Dundas, ON
The first key fob was released in 1983, and just one year later, Eccles Auto Service opened its doors for business. Since then, we’ve helped hundreds of drivers simplify their key fob programming and replacements, and we can do the same for you.
To get a free quote on your key fob programming or replacement, you can:
- Call (905) 627-3355 to speak directly with a tech
- Fill out our quick-and-easy contact form to book a consultation online
- Drop by our auto shop at 121 King St. West in Dundas
Monticello, M. (2018, May 4). How to replace your car’s key fob. Consumer Reports.